Choose the right moving truck size
In case you are moving by yourself, you may consider renting a moving truck. Renting a moving truck in not decision you should make lightly. There are numerous aspects that can impact your decision. Use our guide to find out more about choosing the right moving truck size and relocate without problems.
Prepare for the moving day
Even though you are moving by yourself you should prepare in advance for the moving day. Even though you can move your belongings whenever you want, you should make a plan first. Make sure to make a to-do list before you start planning your next step. You should consider making more than one to-do list for every part of your relocation. List all the task you need to complete before the moving day, during your relocation and after you move in. The move-in checklist will help you stay on track with all the important task while your home is still filled with moving boxes.
How to save money when renting a moving truck?
Another important aspect of the DIY move you are organizing is choosing the right moving truck size. However, you shouldn’t make a decision about the moving truck before you know for sure how many belongings you are planning to relocate to your new address. You can save money on your move and maybe rent a smaller moving truck if you declutter your home first. The decluttering process is the easiest way to downsize your moving cargo. Throwing or giving away some of the items you no longer need will be refreshing. Doing so you may also get a fresh start in your new home.
If you decide to declutter your entire home, you may be able to even save on relocation costs. The more items you have to move, the more expensive your relocation may be. For this reason, you should consider getting rid of most of the items you will never use again. Also, old clothes chipped mugs, old dishes or anything else you no longer need should add weight to your moving cargo.
You should consider selling items that are in good condition online. If you have enough time to perform this task you may even gain some cash. On the other hand, if you don’t have enough time to sell everything online, consider organizing a garage sale. After you clear out your home, you will make a better decision when choosing the right moving truck size.
How to choose the right moving truck size?
Choosing a moving truck for your relocation may depend on many factors. In case you are moving on a budget and you want to save as much as you can, you will rent a smaller moving truck. However, making a round trip with a rental may end up costing you more than you anticipate. That is why you should consider calculating your overall budget before you decide on the right moving truck size.
When renting a moving truck, you should consider big and bulky pieces you have to transport. Belongings like big pianos or pool tables can affect your decision. In case you have to move a pool table, consider hiring a professional piano moving specialists NJ. Pool tables and pianos are bulky and heavy but also quite valuable. Moving these items may be quite difficult without proper moving equipment. In most cases, you will save more on your relocation if you entrust items like pianos and pool tables to professional movers in your area. Moving items like these may cause injuries during your move.
Things to consider when renting a moving truck
There are other aspects of your move you should take into account when choosing the right size moving truck:
- The size of your moving cargo
- If your big and bulky furniture pieces are disassembled and packed before the move
- Additional space you need for boxes that contain fragile and breakable items
- The rental fee from a reliable moving company
- The price of gas for the truck
- Pay tolls you may have to cover while driving a moving truck
- Other expenses for renting additional moving equipment
Avoid moving forbidden items
Each reliable moving company has some limitation when transporting your home belongings to a new location. Reliable Newark movers will explain the moving process in detail and tell you about the items they cannot relocate. Forbidden items movers cannot relocate require special moving documentation and permits. That is why you should avoid packing and moving these items while relocating on your own. The mentioned items cannot be transported inside the moving truck. They can cause damage to the moving truck or to you. Forbidden items movers usually won’t relocate include:
- Perishable foods. Perishable foods may get spoiled and rotten while inside the moving truck. Foods may get spoiled and damage other items during transport. That is why you should pay a closer look before packing any food. Professional movers will advise you to use all of the leftover food before the moving day.
- Plants. Transporting plants requires special documentation and transport requirements.
- Hazardous items – Most of the hazardous items shouldn’t be in your moving cargo. You should be very careful when transporting any cleaning products or similar items.
- Machines that use fuel or gas to work. Transporting machines that you use every day may affect your free space. In case you are planning to pack and transport your yard Moller or leaf blower, you should reconsider the right moving truck size for your relocation.
- Flammable materials. Materials that can cause a fire while inside the moving truck or can explode while inside the moving truck are strictly forbidden for transport. That is why you should dispose of any flammable items before the moving day.
- Firearms and ammunition. Make sure not to transport your firearm or any ammunition before you have a special license. In case you are in the military and you are relocating for work, consider hiring a moving service that specializes in military relocation.