Last update: March 30th, 2020.
Please note: We are closely monitoring the situation and its effect on essential services in New Jersey. We will keep this post up to date.
You might be wondering if it’s safe or even possible to move in the midst of the COVID-19 (CoronaVirus) situation.
The answer is 100% yes – if you and your movers take the proper precautions.
Moving was designated as an essential service in New Jersey under Executive Order 107, issued by Governor Phil Murphy on March 21st.
Since then, Vector Movers NJ has been following the protocols recommended by both the State of New Jersey and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to help keep our customers, employees and communities safe.
We will continue to complete scheduled residential and commercial moves during this difficult time and wanted to share some of our insights and tips about staying healthy and reducing stress while moving during COVID-19.
COVID-19 Moving Precautions for Moving Companies
These are the steps Vector is taking to keep everyone safe. It’s a useful checklist to have on hand when collecting moving estimates during this difficult time.
- Protective Equipment: We’ve equipped our moving crews with medical-grade gloves and masks to wear during the entire moving project.
- Remote Estimates: We’re providing fast, transparent quotes for our customers online and via phone or (if desired) video walkthroughs via Skype, FaceTime, etc. For more information please call 201.266.3666.
- Excellent Hygiene: The Vector team has been made aware of the correct sanitation processes for conducting safe moves. We have antibacterial soap, paper towels, hand sanitizer and other supplies and thoroughly wash our hands (20 seconds or more) before, during and after all moving jobs..
- Equipment Cleaning: We use disinfectant products on all of our moving equipment (like hand trucks) and wipe down our moving trucks after each move.
- Social Distancing: Our moving teams will do their utmost to maintain the 6-foot rule from you and your family. In addition, if you have any specific instructions or precautions you’d like us to take (we want you to be 100% comfortable) please let us know ahead of time – we will be happy to accommodate.
- Healthy at Home: We’ve encouraged our employees to follow the same rigorous health-maintenance procedures at home. We also check in with our people each morning to make sure they are healthy and, if they are not, we ask them to stay home.
COVID-19 Moving Precautions for You
While moving companies like Vector are taking all possible precautions, safe moving during COVID-19 is a team effort. Here are some ways you can help make the process faster, smoother and safer for everyone involved.
- Please allow your moving crew to wash their hands as needed.
- Clean and disinfect things like doorknobs, handles and surfaces that are used often. Here are the CDC Home Cleaning / Disinfecting Guidelines.
- Open your windows (weather permitting) to air out the space.
- Please postpone or reschedule your move if you or anyone in your home is sick. Also, if you have recently traveled to an area of high infection rate (level 3), please let us know. (At this time there is no charge if you need to cancel, postpone or reschedule your move.)
- Practice social distancing and any other government-mandated actions.
Don’t Forget These Essential Moving Tips
Life is more hectic than usual these days, so we don’t want you to overlook key moving practices while focusing on things like social distancing.
Make an inventory of everything you plan to move. A Vector moving foreman will be happy to assist.
We recommend that our customers make a moving-day essentials box to tide them over until they are settled. Don’t forget to add COVID-19 prevention items like hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and gloves!
Here’s a handy move-in checklist to help you get started in your new home or office.
Bottom Line: Vector is Here for You
If now is the time you want or need to move, be assured that we’re doing everything we can to not let COVID-19 stand in the way of your relocation.
Please get in touch with us today if there’s anything in our COVID-19 moving guide we didn’t cover – we are happy to answer your questions.
To get a fast and accurate remote quote for your move during COVID-19, just fill out the form at https://www.vectormoversnj.com/.
We wish you and your family good health!